[thelist] right-align with right-edge padding

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:49:01 CST 2006

Hi all,

A quick CSS styling question: I would like to right-align some text
within a "ribbon" as a page header; no problem using "width: 100%;"
and "text-align: right;".  But I'd also like to buffer the text a
specific distance (say, 30px) away from the right-hand edge of the
page.  I have tried padding to the right, margin, even text-indent
(which would work if the text were left-aligned; it doesn't seem to
work "backwards"), but I can't get the text to budge away from that
right-hand edge, at least not in IE6 or Firefox 1.5 on WinXP.

I'm sure this is a common thing to do, but I can't find a solution.  Any ideas?

Thank you,
~John