[thelist] Flash dynamic variable with GoToAndPlay command

super super supercop at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 13 15:29:56 CST 2006

Hi all,

I wanted to create a flash file that will play a particular frame depends on a variable,

What I have done is , I have setup a dynamic variable to load a swf file..

that is something like
<embed src="testing.swf?testing=1b">

and then on my swf file, I just used a one line script,

gotoAndPlay(testing);

Then I go to that particular frame and rename it to “1b”, everything works fine in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer, do you guys know whats the problem???

I would be grateful if you would point out which part I did wrong, or if there is any alternative way in achieving my goal,

Thank you very much,

Stanley