[thelist] Question from Web designer

Robert Vreeland vreeland at studioframework.com
Sun Mar 19 11:08:17 CST 2006

Varun,
Although I am uncertain of the specifics in regards to dreamweaver, during
your server side validation of the form you would check for existing records
using the supplied email address. Then, if you found that email address
already exists in the database you could output a pretty page telling the
user. Basically, you want to ensure the 'validness' of your data before
inputting it into the database rather then trying to rely on a thrown error
from the database.

Hope this helps.
Robert