[thelist] Can I convert a MS SQL database to MySQL??

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Mon Mar 20 15:49:05 CST 2006

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) wrote:
> As the subject says.....
> My cleint has a forum running on a MS SQL db (.NET forum) and I am
> trying to give her options for switching to a PHP forum and still keep
> the current posts she has on her forum.
> Is that possible? And if so how can I get that done?

What .net forum?  Several forum companies like Invision and vBulletin
offer "convertors" and will convert the old board into the new board.

http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/products/board/whyuse.html

If not, like the other guys said, you can export your members table and
posts tables....  but this could get to be a pain in the rear with
matching things up to the new schema's.