[thelist] Click once, Act Twice - (now confused) - SALIM

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 02:33:38 CST 2006

> i try my best but now i give up, so finaly im asking again,
> var oS = {
>         cE.addEvent(sC, 'click', cE.aListener);

Does this mean you have different main objects? one called cE and one
oS? Or are you nesting them? Cryptic names like those confuse matters
easily.

I've put together a heavily commented example of stopping the default
behaviour of a link:

http://icant.co.uk/sandbox/DOM2noreturn.html

Hope that helps. If you can wait a bit, there'll be a lead article by
me on sitepoint soon talking about the transition from DHTML to DOM
scripting.

If you can wait even more, pre-order my book that I am desperately
trying to finish right now:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590596803/onlinetoolsorg/103-1380453-3336648

HTH
Chris