[thelist] Can I develop .NET 1.1 with VS '05?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Tue Mar 21 12:06:52 CST 2006

Couldn't you just get Visual Studio 2003?  I would assume someone on staff has an MSDN subscription, but if not, there's always eBay (not exactly the professional answer, I know).

Then again, they could install the 2.0 framework and keep most of their sites running 1.1 (IIS automatically adds this feature when you install the new stuff).

 From: "Randal Rust" randalrust at gmail.com

On 3/21/06, EasyListBox.com Peter Brunone wrote:

> Of course with this client, it sounds like support from Microsoft might not be a problem -- then again, they're using the .NET 2.0 toolset (and supporting 1.1?) so who the heck knows...

No, not quite. OIT has an environment enabled for .NET 1.1, but we
don't have VS 03. We'd have to buy VS 05, which would produce .NET
2.0.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications