[thelist] need help diagnosing problem uploading file to website

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at lycos.com
Fri Mar 24 04:58:57 CST 2006

> From: "Sarah Adams" <mrsanders at designshift.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:05:45 -0400
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should look next, or what
> further questions I should ask the user? (more details below)

Not an easy one.

What's the O/S and is the upload using SSL?  Are there any other
applications running consuming the available bandwidth?  The TCP
error could be a connection issue, which may be due to DNS.  See
what ping says.  See if you she can connect with
"telnet <domain name> 80".

If you're not reliant on cookies, see if it ever happens when
using your IP address instead of your domain name.

Other general suggestions for IE6:
* Clear cache.
* Run the IE6 repair feature (in Add/Remove programs) (if
desparate, especially as your problem is intermittent)
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm
* Refresh TCP/IP (XP), or reinstall TCP/IP (if not XP) (if very desparate!)

- LK