[thelist] Imageready Slicing Substitute

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 06:22:16 CST 2006

Drew Shiel wrote:

> We're being asked to look into substitues for Photoshop/Imageready
> that can do the job of "slicing" as well as Imageready. The main
> criterion is lower cost. Any ideas?

Fireworks from Macromedia is enormously capable, and I greatly prefer it
to the Photoshop/Imageready combo.

Not that I do a lot of slicing work these days - CSS layout seems to
have greatly reduced the necessity, for no immediately obvious reason.

Photoshop is without peer for creative work, but Fireworks offers much
better vector support and is a far better environment for building and
exporting general web graphics, in my opinion.

As to cost, I don't know that there would be a lot in it though.

HTH

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net