[thelist] Imageready Slicing Substitute

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 12:38:53 CST 2006

Megan Holbrook wrote:

> I just posted a question to another list about Fireworks - my art
> director/partner is having trouble with Fireworks MX on the Mac because
> it limites the name of the graphics being exported as slices to only 26
> characters (including the extension).

I am pretty sure that would be an intentional design choice in order to
prevent it generating filenames that would break on Classic Mac OS (<=9)

Does the current version run on any version of Mac OS prior to OS X? If
yes, this limitation is probably a good thing. If not, then they
probably ought to fix it...

In any event, I am certain it will not be a Dreamweaver issue.

Hope this helps

Cheers

ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net