[thelist] Avoid "#" and "onclick" in "<a href"

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 06:39:29 CST 2006

> Oh, thanks for these lessons. Gush, lots to learn...
>
> Acutally, I think the (one?) reason for using the "#" and onclick-
> event is because I use images instead of the normal input-button.
> Something wrong with that?

Well, you rely on JavaScript where you really needn't to. If you want
to use links instead of submit buttons why not replace them when
JavaScript is available and leave them as they are if it isn't?

I've listed the options and a possible solution at "Styling submit
buttons or using links to submit a form?" :
http://www.wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=211

Enjoy,

Chris