[thelist] Automatic Refresh

James Conley Conleyj at kubota-kma.com
Mon Mar 27 09:47:29 CST 2006

If there is no export [outside of a final report] that is required then
turn this into one heaping pile
Of SQL and USE SQL Agent to schedule all the SQL tasks. The final
product is a single [demoralized?] table
That SRS can handle. Then you can setup a subscription for him such that
he gets a SRS in his inbox every Monday
At 5 AM or some such.

If Excel export is required outside of the final report then put the
whole thing into DTS. One of the DTS tasks is to run SQL so everything
should be able to be put in there. Final DTS task is export to Excel
followed by send email. SQL Agent can schedule DTS tasks so that is your
scheduling piece.

I don't know if DTS has a "send email" task or not.
I don't know if SQL Agent has a "send email" task or not either.

James c.