[thelist] The difference between DHTML and DOM scripting - one explanation attempt

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:03:46 CST 2006

I was commissioned to write an article that shows the difference
between DHTML and DOM scripting explaining the differences at a real
life example.

After a re-write over Christmas and a total rewrite last week the
article is still deemed to advanced for the intended audience. As I
don't have the time to re-write the article once more I chose to not
bother about the money and simply put it out on the web instead.

So if you want to know why
http://www.icant.co.uk/articles/from-dhtml-to-dom/ohdear.html is not
as clever as http://www.icant.co.uk/articles/from-dhtml-to-dom/domscripting.html
and what the whole thing about DOM scripting is (in a nutshell and
hopefully explained easily enough) check it out:

http://www.icant.co.uk/articles/from-dhtml-to-dom/

Happy about any feedback, but I am really busy these days, so
collating it in comments on the blog would rock.

Enjoy

Chris

--
Chris Heilmann