[thelist] Preventing hotlinking on a domain basis?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Mar 30 06:51:33 CST 2006

Message from Christian Heilmann (3/30/2006 10:23 AM)

>I know how to allow different domains to link to a picture, but all I
>want is to block out myspace.com from hitting 24000 times on my poor
>purple hippo.
>
>http://www.onlinetools.org/tools/thumbomatic/hippo.jpg
>
>What is the apache rewrite rule to block out myspace.com?

Not sure what you're doing now but fyi, it is also disallowing direct access.

Clicking the link in your email returns

"Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server."

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403"

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/