[thelist] Convert DVD video to the web

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Mon Apr 3 14:04:29 CDT 2006

Justin Zachan wrote:
> ... somehow I need
> to convert the DVD files to a format that I can import into Flash...
> On the DVD there are a bunch of file types but mostly .VOB files...
> So I guess the question is, what is the best method to convert this
> movie...???

I haven't tested the various third-party solutions, but searches on both
"vob to flv" and "dvd to flv" turn up translation utilities. (I've heard
many recommend Riva Video Encoder at rivavx.com, but I don't know if it
matches your content's filetypes.)

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd