[thelist] Inspiration source?

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:17:00 CDT 2006

> [snip]
> What do you all do when you need some inspiration to redesign a site?
> Do you have any specific site you check for ideas and new tricks and
> trends?
> Is there a collection of "best sites" out there you prefer to go through
> regularly?
> [/snip]
>
> http://stylegala.com/
> http://www.cssbeauty.com/

+1 on those

> http://www.cssplay.co.uk/index.html

-5 on that one. I am not saying CSSplay is a bad site, it actually is
a really impressive piece, however it is total poison to get
inpiration for a professional site from as - check the title - it is
CSS play and bleeding edge test cases of what can be done with CSS.
If it makes sense to do that with CSS or if it even holds up for your
target group is a totally different thing. A web site does not need to
deliver the coolest CSS, JS and markup tricks, it needs to deliver
what your audience expects.
Try for example http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/flyoutt.html with a
laptop slidepad or an unsteady hand on a normal mouse...

That said, a great list of all the inspiration sites is at
http://www.dontmeetyourheroes.com/v_2/#dmyh_content in the, well,
inspiration dropdown.