[thelist] Date & time formatting

Santilal Parbhu santilal at scorpioneng.co.nz
Sat Apr 15 05:27:41 CDT 2006

Thanks.

I have tries this but I can't make it accept the input format dd/m/y.  This
is the code I am using to store the date.

$year = '/06';
		$entered_date = "{$HTTP_POST_VARS['matchdate']}";
		$ddate = $entered_date . $year;

		$ddate = strtotime("$ddate");
		print"$ddate";
		$query = "UPDATE alexbbdraw SET
match_time='{$HTTP_POST_VARS['match_time']}', matchdate=('$ddate'),
					umpire='{$HTTP_POST_VARS['umpire']}',
venue='{$HTTP_POST_VARS['venue']}'
					WHERE round_id = '{$HTTP_POST_VARS['round']}' AND game_no =
'{$HTTP_POST_VARS['game_no']}' AND grade='$grd'";

You can see that actually I am inputing the format dd/mm.  The year is
concatenated onto the end of the date.  I am posting the date to mysql via a
form.

When I read the date back, I am using the following code.

while ($row = mysql_fetch_row ($r))
			{
				//$row[3]=timestamp($row[3]);
				$row[3]= date( 'j M', $row[3]);
				$row[4]= date( 'g:ia', time($row[3]));
				//Start a row of data.
				echo "\n<tr>";
				//Print out each row.
				foreach ($row as $data)

				echo "\n\t<td>$data</td>";
				//Finish row
				echo "\n</tr>";

I am reading the data back row by row to print out as a table.  $row[3]is
the unix time stamped date.  When I entered 10/5 as the date (May 10), the
printout said 5 Oct.  Any ideas??

Thanks.

Santilal