[thelist] What would you like to see in a resource site?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Apr 19 08:50:59 CDT 2006

Faye Tarzwell wrote:

> Now...since this is a secret project at the moment I can't just go around asking the people here to give their input (boss requested me that I don't ask the people in our department for now) so I am asking here.....
> What would you like to see in a resource site (intranet) geared to programmers, designers, etc?

Sarah already beat me to it, but -- "secret project"?? Ah, yeah,
the Corporate Drama. :-)

OK. So first thing is, include a "suggestion box" link so people can
tell you what you've left out at launch :-)

Alternatively, make it a Wiki so people can grow and update it in a
collaborative and organic way. Or at least store the contents in a
version control system so it can be easily updated, preferably by as
large a group as possible.

Content-wise, as a developer myself, I want links to info on
1) implemented technologies
2) local implementation specifics of those technologies
3) tools used
4) style guides (corporate, UI, markup, coding)
5) step-by-step operational `how-to`s: "how do I _______"?
6) and for when the above isn't helping, a well-implemented search :-)

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com

                          dream.  code.