[thelist] Safari and dynamic showing and hiding - again!

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 03:20:15 CDT 2006

I just had a lot of complaints telling me my free script domcollapse
is crap again (I sometimes wonder why I bother to offer these things):

http://www.onlinetools.org/tools/domcollapse/

The problem reproduction sounds like an old school text adventure:

- Load the page
- collapse the open item
- make the browser window small enough to show a vertical scrollbar
- expand the element again.
- the scrollbar changes, but the section is not shown - unless you
resize the window a bit once more

Is there any workaround? I don't want to do things like
window.resizeTo to force a refresh... And if I have to, is there a
safe object detection that only targets Safari?

Cheers

Chris

--
Chris Heilmann