[thelist] Issues with large (10Mb) (.NET) web service messages

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Wed Apr 26 12:46:08 CDT 2006

   What request method is he using?  Some (like HTTP GET) will of course have size limits...

				From: Scott Dexter scott.dexter at yahoo.com

I'm 'helping' a coworker on this one, so to the best of my knowledge, he's scoured the internets and implemented what he could to help. So here's the problem:

"I have a webservice that is called, and the request can be large -- in the order of 10Mb. I used to write each input message to file. I noticed that sometimes there would be missing parts of the file. Sometimes the missing parts would be at the end, and sometimes they would be in the middle."

We've played around with verious timeout and keepalive settings, and are now dorking around with the ServicePointManager. Have any of you dealt with similar? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
sgd