[thelist] Flash sound question/problem

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu May 4 23:06:15 CDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Bruce Gilbert <webguync at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a multi-layered .FLA file with an mp3 movie in a separate layer
> which
> works fine except when I got the play movie again button, there is no
> music.
> I have the play again set as a button with the AS:
>
> the play again works fine, but doesn't contain the sound.
>
> the soundis set to start at frame one. The only thing I can think of that
> may be causing the problem is I have the button with the play again script
> set as a button laying over a graphic and again the sound is in a separate
> layer. I inherited this fiel and am just trying to add to it. There are
> all
> kinds of mask, movie clips and graphic going on.

Hi,

I am going to make a few assumptions about your description:

1. By layers you actually mean that you have multiple files loading into
separate layers in the root movie?

2. The audio and the video are separate files that need to be started
individually and they are in separate sub-movies?

I would echo someone else's advise. Figure out how the sound and video start
the first time. Then put this into a function of its own and instead of
going to a point in a timeline, call the function and have it do all the
work.

Chris
--
www.fuzzylizard.com