[thelist] The Perfect Web Server - An elusive Search

Ken Chase raskenbo at gmail.com
Fri May 5 22:33:14 CDT 2006

On 5/5/06, April <april at farstrider.org> wrote:
> I want to fourth everyone elses' misgivings.  If you need to ask this
> question, I just don't see how this can end up being more reliable and
> cheaper than a third party solution.

<snip>

I agree. I always marvel at how cheap it is to benefit from economies
of scale as far as third party web hosting goes (provided you choose a
reliable hosting company). Have you considered finding a more reliable
hosting provider?

Taking on web hosting responsibilities would add significant overhead
to your operation. Having said that, if your client base has deep
pockets, it might not matter.

I work for a large organization, who's core competency isn't web
hosting, and often wonder why they just don't outsource this task. It
can be resource intensive.

YMMV

Ken Chase
Freelance Web Design