[thelist] DB Schema Design

Christie Mason cmason at managersforum.com
Sun May 7 09:55:42 CDT 2006

I like the single table idea as long as you have some type of field, sounds
like that may be class, to filter the entries for selects and validation by
its appropriate application.

Maintaining 17 different lookup tables would be an admin nightmare.

I know "name" is reserved for some types of dbs, I wonder if "class" is also
reserved.  You may want to check that out before you name your field/columns
using those terms.

Christie Mason