[thelist] huge MySQL query in ASP without stored procedures

Jay Blanchard jblanchard at pocket.com
Mon May 8 14:21:47 CDT 2006

[snip]
our call record db is on MySQL 4.1 so as far as I know we can't use
stored procedures. any tips on running a 400-line query in an ASP page?
It was originally a Crystal Reports query provided by the vendor.
[/snip]

A 400 line query? That is larger than the call record itself! Would this
be better broken up into smaller queries? I deal with call records every
day and I have not seen an example where a query this long would be
needed. Crystal often used mucked up queries to do its job where other
smaller queries would have sufficed.