[thelist] Yet another "What CMS" thread...

Richard Brown rich at cregy.co.uk
Fri May 19 00:27:15 CDT 2006

Hi Brian

On 18 May 2006, at 21:41, Brian Cummiskey wrote:

> I use wordpress for my blog, so i'm familiar with that.  But, it think
> no matter how much i tweak it, it will still be too "bloggy" instead of
> a "site".  I don't want comments, I don't want post dates, and i don't
> want a home page with the latest content on it.  I want a regular site
> more or less.  Welcome page, products page, contact, etc etc.
Build your own theme and take them out. It really is quite easy to
remove the php code that loads them up. Take a look at this plugin:
<http://guff.szub.net/2005/01/27/get-a-post/>

This plugin ensures the site can be used as a cms. I've been building a
site for a client where he wants each page to have three different
posts in. He wants to sell information from the site. I therefore used
the above plugin to place content where he wanted. I then build
templates for each page and assigned the templates to the pages.
Currently building the plugin so that he can sell the information.

Contact me off-list if you want anymore help. I really believe wp is
the way to go. It is very easy to use.

Hope that helps.
--
Rich