[thelist] Asp Split

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Wed May 24 07:29:29 CDT 2006

> If you only need 2 characters, just extract those two characters
> using Mid() why do you need everything else?

Each line can contain 8 or more different pieces of information grouped
by consecutive column groupings. I need various pieces here and there to
correctly parse the line by line response codes and information therein.
(If cols 21 and 22 are an error code, then based upon what those are,
cols 35-7 may be a julian date code when the item is expected to be in
stock. Or cols 36-59 could be a response message regarding something
else. I believe the warehousing company we're using is using a legacy
system on older technology that still "works.")

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com
http://www.lexjet.com