[thelist] <h1> + images + search engines penalties

Ben Glassman bglassman at gmail.com
Wed May 24 17:42:37 CDT 2006

In my example, I recommended attaching styles to the h1 by adding a
class to your body tag of "home" (if it was on the home page). That
way you aren't attaching an unneeded class to the h1 tag, and you can
specify what the h1 tag should look like or have for a background
image on each distinct page by adding a class to each page or group of
page's body tags.

Assigning classes to the body tag is also useful for highlighting
current navigation points, and applying page specific styles from an
external CSS file.

Ben