[thelist] Photoshop 6 and Tranparencies...

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Thu May 25 13:22:06 CDT 2006

Howdy...

I have an older image that was saved with an ugly green background that was assigned as the transparent color. I've been asked to change the size of the image - but with Photoshop 6 I can't figure out how to maintain the ugly green as the transparent color. All the googling I've done says "make the areas transparent". If I use the magic eraser or another tool I end up with a green halo around the image.

The old-olde way was to select the color you wanted as transparent. How do I do the same thing with Photoshop 6? This is driving me crazy.

"Damit, Jim! I'm a programmer not a digital artist!" ;-)