[thelist] IE7 on a corporate machine

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sun May 28 19:12:00 CDT 2006

Paul Bennett wrote:

> I'm wanting to install IE7 for testing our site.
>
> This is a work machine, in a large organisation and I don't want
> to lose IE6 and have to spend hours fluffing with an IE7 build
> which munges my machine - my boss will hate me.

I was under the impression XP has some kind of rollback function?
Restore to previous known good checkpoint?

Still, for a situation like this, VMWare is perfect. Install IE7 in
a virtual machine and test away -- no worries about your day-to-day
config being mucked up.

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com