[thelist] Making designs openly available

April april at farstrider.org
Thu Jun 1 11:32:43 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been working on beefing up my resume lately, and one place where it
really lacks is in recent design examples.  Rather than spend way too
much time dreaming up content, I was thinking about doing a few designs
and releasing them for others to use.  The site that originally gave me
the thought was http://www.oswd.org/ but when I really took a look at it
it appears to be mostly unmaintained.  http://www.openwebdesign.org/ is
another very similar site, but the 25kb size limit isn't something I
want to commit to... plus it looks like one or the other of the above
websites is just ripping off the other one...

Can anyone think of similar (maybe even better) places to release
template designs?  I'd prefer not to create a website and promote it
just to make available 5 to 10 designs of a widely varying nature, and I
don't want the designs to go completely unused forever.

thanks,
April Lyall