[thelist] centre a div in a browser window

Birdie bird at koolfish.com
Sun Jun 4 19:41:01 CDT 2006

April wrote:I I did it at http://www.farstrider.org/ if you want to view
source.

I remember none of the simple answers seemed to work in both firefox and IE.

Birdie wrote:
> When I used to use tables I could give the outside table the property
centre
> to make it position its self in the centre of a persons open browser
window.
> And then all other content would then be contained in the table and would
> all stay centre.
>
> How do I do that with a div tag? And even if I did do that, say I need one
> big border round the whole page, how do I make the other div tags stay
> within the containing div tag with the border applied ?

Thanks April, This is what I was trying to explain what I needed to do. I
will take a look at your source code thanks very much. If it proves a bit
too confusing for a newbie I may steer the client towards a right aligned
layout until I get a better grasp of css.

Thanks

Lisa