[thelist] Firefox, layers, form elements are showing, through....

Dennis Nolan djn at aanet.com.au
Mon Jun 5 17:38:19 CDT 2006

quote

I've found the pattern - but need to identify the "why".

If you want to duplicate it - go to http://baratta.net/PopTest/, then resize your browser to width 550, height 650. Then roll over the items in the list. You'll notice that check boxes and text "above" the text that activates the dHTML layer are covered by the layer. But check boxes and text "below and to the right" of the activation text show through.

The items that show this behaviour best at this browser size are:

CPSF022_001 - Auto Fix Pay Msg and CPSMO21_001 - Autopay Min Pay

Does any else see this same behaviour? (I'll gladly assume insanity and have myself committed.  ;-)
end-quote

G'day

The why is that as the page is rendered all the check boxes get rendered one by one then the effect of the mouse-over (the pop-up) is rendered. Then the rest of the check-boxes, which are rendered on top of the pop-up.

Solution: delay the rendering of the pop-up until the rest of the page has been rendered.

Bye
Dennis.