[thelist] Linking to CSS files (not) within the BODY element

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Wed Jun 7 04:49:28 CDT 2006

>> From: Stefan Schwarzer
>> I have a rather complex web site. I have a standard header and
>> banner, which loads as well a couple of css/js files which
>> are common
>> for all pages. But I have a few pages which need additional
>> files.

ok, I did than the way it was proposed, although I am not too
satisfied with the solution. But it seems to be the only way to stay
coherent with the standards. It looks something like this now:

.... header ...
... js includes ...
... css links ...

     <?php
         if (getenv("REQUEST_URI") == "special_page.php")
             echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="etc/
css/regional_portals_map.css" />';
     ?>