[thelist] arguments pro css & xhtml / con tables

Bob Meetin orpc at frii.com
Wed Jun 7 18:33:37 CDT 2006

I converted to developing with CSS, making pages xhtml compliant,
avoiding tables wherever possible about a year ago.  Works for me.

Just really curious though, what are some of the arguments or reasoning
that others use when discussing with clients why these things are either
important or critical?  How do you answer the "So what?"  It is fine to
point me to any sites that support this, answers the questions.

speed? ease of update (primary CSS stylesheet), less convoluted pages,
SEO, accessibilty, future standards, etc?

-Bob