[thelist] php operator =&

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Mon Jun 12 14:39:30 CDT 2006

I'm helping someone out with some PHP code, and I keep seeing them using
the operator "=&", which AFAIK is not a PHP operator... but it seems to
work fine, as though it were a simple assignment operator (i.e. "=").

Before I go telling him that he shouldn't be using it (for the sake of
code readability, at least), does someone know of some obscure part of
the PHP docs that mentions this operator? Or perhaps he's confusing it
with an operator from some other language?

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer