[thelist] Copyright "rules"

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:21:18 CDT 2006

> I have more experience with music copyright than with software, but I'm
> quite sure your last sentence was right on point. Looking at the load
> screen
> for PhotoShop, I see "copyright 1990 - 2003" (or whatever). Presumably,
> Adobe is saying "Hey, we created this in 1990, and we've had various
> versions of this since then."

I believe displaying end-year for copyrighted material on the web is
irrelevant. Because, web products/services/applications/written media etc.
are frequently updated:

I use something like

"(c) Copyright 2003, Volkan Özçelik"

as a standard notation, which says "hey I've been developing this service
since 2003 up to present and will continue enhancing till the end of my
lifespan."

"What (c) if (c) all (c) the (c) words (c) were (c) copyrighted (c);
(c) would (c) not (c) that
(c) be (c) pretty (c) boring (c) to (c) communicate (c) to (c) each
(c) other (c) ? (c)"

HTH,
--
Volkan Ozcelik