[thelist] web 2.0 app for note organization

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Tue Jun 13 16:31:11 CDT 2006

First of all....Http? You're opening a LOCAL file under HTTP?
Why? Unless you've set it up under a localhost directory...?

Mine works fine using the file:// protocol. To avoid having to type this, just set it up as a bookmark, or as one of your homepage tabs (I use it for keeping track of work tasks, notes etc)

Second, I'm not tiddlywiki support or anything, but about 1/4 way down the page it states:

"Start by saving GTDTiddlyWiki to your computer (right click on this link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...' " - are people doing this or saving the file some other way?

Also, for Firefox, there's this info:

"FireFox lets you SaveChanges in TiddlyWiki, but you will see up to three dialogs asking your permission for the local file operations. You must allow all three operations for it to work properly. Note that you can select the Remember this decision option to avoid seeing the dialogs in future."

And for IE:

"InternetExplorer on Windows allows you to SaveChanges in TiddlyWiki. It will give you an ActiveX warning, and ask for your permission to proceed each time. It should work from version 4, but I have only extensively tested against version 6. I have found some annoying difficulties with XpServicePack2, but there's always FireFox."

There's nothing like the things you're experiencing under 'Known Bugs' - you may want to contact the developer and them him / her know.

Paul