[thelist] Distributed Wiki-like thingie

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Jun 14 09:55:11 CDT 2006

Fred D Yocum wrote:

> There is a proposal to distribute all of the documents as linked Web pages
> on a CD ROM <snip/>

which is simply another medium that guarantees obsolete documents
hanging around. And requires continual burn/distribute cycles --
which cost money.

> This looks like a job for a Wiki <snip/>

Yes, period. Use a Wiki. Or at least try a Wiki -- I've implemented
them for customers and some loved the idea, some totally didn't get
it. If a Wiki doesn't work, look at other centralized CMS solutions.

But distributing CDs is *so* twentieth-century  :-)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com

                          dream.  code.