[thelist] random image in flash -- tutorial?

Mike Nowak Mike.Nowak at arcww.com
Thu Jun 15 15:38:33 CDT 2006

>>> "Jeniffer C. Johnson" <lead at offlead.com> 6/15/2006 4:29:28 PM >>>
something that can point us in the right direction for how to randomly
choose an image from a specified directory for use in the animation. I know
how to do this with PHP, but not in Flash. If anyone can give me a shove in
the proper direction, that would be very useful.

Do a PHP script and have it output the name/path of a random image and have Flash read that script with either a getVars or XML.load.

For example, have the PHP script output
image=somerandomimage.jpg

then in Flash just do a loadVars to read that and process the result. Flash help should cover that part.

-mike