[thelist] question about site titles

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Jun 17 16:24:46 CDT 2006

On 06/06/17 15:18 (GMT-0400) Jeniffer C. Johnson apparently typed:

> I was spending some time today sorting through my bookmarks, doing some
> reorganizing and general cleaning up, and wondering when I became such a
> bookmark horder. In doing this task, I realized that a fair number of my
> bookmarks I cannot identify unless I widen out the window to show the whole
> title line, because the actual name of the site is listed dead last, after
> the pertinent descriptions and keywords. Sometimes it isn't even included at
> the end, leaving me to either try to pull the name out of the url, or to go
> to the bookmark to discover the name of the site. I'm having to rename a
> surprising number of the bookmarks in order to be able to use them more
> efficiently later.

IMO, the page title should begin with a very brief rendition of the site
title, followed by a concise description of the individual page. See
also: http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/tabstitlesbookmarks.html
--
"All have sinned & fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409