[thelist] Flash walkthrough

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 06:51:49 CDT 2006

Hi ppl

I've a client who is considering a Flash walkthrough of a holiday home
in Australia. I'm in the UK, so he'd have to provide all the pics
under my direction.

He wants a two-screen interface, one showing the 'view',the other
showing a line plan of the house with an indication of where you are.
Then he wants the user to be able to walk through the house and
explore it.

I'm no Flash expert or fan, but it seems like overkill to me. It feels
like it will be expensive to do. I feel I'd have to plan out,
storyboard, the thing, then be very specific about the photographs
required, process all those when they arrive back and then make the
thing work.

Ignoring the fact that I don't know how to do it yet, so obviously it
would take me longer, I've guessed at a ballpark figure of somewhere
between £1k and £3k to get that working.

What I'm wondering is whether there are any Flash experts in this list
who can say "that's too low" or "too high". If I were expert, would it
be easy to do or is there still plenty of work in it? As buyers, how
do people feel about that price? Do you think Am I completely off the
scale one way or another?

Cheers