[thelist] SEO Studio

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Tue Jun 20 07:59:18 CDT 2006

> any experience with SEO Studio? a friend is having someone with more
> time than me build their site, and wants to charge for 'SEO', which they
> say means they'll use 'SEO Studio'

I'm generally of the opinion that SEO software is scam, or at best a way to
spend a ton of time obsessing over small things that make little difference
in actual rankings. If you're paying a developer an hourly rate to do that
obsessing (and reconfigure your site whenever Google changes an algorithm)
I'm guessing the ROI is rather small.

Additionally, any developer should know that features like "search engine
submission" are useless and have more integrity than to try to re-sell it to
your friend/client as something that is going to help them.

SEO has become a line item that people use to jack up their production costs
when it should be much more organic (i.e., make good web pages with good
content and therefore they are popular). </rant>

> I do okay building search engine friendly pages, so I get the concepts.
> Just interested in whether this tool is useless bunk or value added.

Exactly. The best way to get higher ranking on your pages is to have quality
sites link to yours while having search engine friendly pages (and it
doesn't take additional software to make pages that way).

--Andy

--
Andrew Kamm