[thelist] arguments pro css & xhtml / con tables

Ben Glassman bglassman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 11:06:45 CDT 2006

On 6/20/06, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the idea is: why does that matter? If everyone is happy with
> how the browser looks in each browser, what possible benefit could one
> get from making the page look exactly the same across browsers?

What if your user is going to visit your site from different
locations? Using different browsers? You dont think they might get
confused if the site looks different depending on the machine/browser
they are looking at it with? I don't think thats good from a usability
standpoint.

If it doesnt matter to you it doesnt matter to you. I want my sites to
look consistent on the browsers I code for, and that isnt a waste of
time or a big mistake.

Ben