[thelist] While We Are on the Topic of SEO

Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 13:13:25 CDT 2006

--- "M. Seyon" <evoltlist at delime.com> wrote:

> Message from dwain.alford at gmail.com (6/20/2006 04:32
> AM)
>
> >Asif Suria wrote:
> > > I figured I would throw in a SEO question as
> well. So
> > > here goes, "Is the duplicate content penalty a
> myth or
> > > a fact?"
> > >

> >if you spammed yourself out of existence, which
> sounds like what you may
> >have done, you may be able to redeem yourself with
> the google god, by
> >reformatting your keywords in the meta data and
> your content.
>
> Keywords in meta data?
>
> Hang on I thought it was generally accepted that
> google doesn't pay much
> attention to this any more?
>
> Ohh keywords in meta data AND content, well that
> makes a huge difference then.

Keywords in meta data and content do make a big
difference and that is exactly what I have. I also
doubt, I spammed myself out of existence as I would
not have a very high ranking on MSN and Yahoo then. It
is something Google specific that is hard to lay a
finger on.

Thanks for the seochat link Christian Heilmann, I will
repost my question there.

Asif