[thelist] Web Screen scrapers

Ken Moore psm2713 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:14:17 CDT 2006

Hi all,

If you do not know, a "screen scraper" is (or was in 1992) a TSR (terminate
and stay resident) program that reads data from the screen and/or writes
data to the screen on pre-programmed cues depending on which screen is
active and the location of the cusor on that screen. In the early 90's I
used a screen scraper on MS DOS.

Now, I am looking for a good version that can read and record data from a
web page. I am pretty certain that they exist. Has anyone seen one?

TIA,
Ken