[thelist] Site copied by pirates [not really]

Bob Meetin orpc at frii.com
Fri Jun 23 08:18:51 CDT 2006

* define the crime - be it piracy, plagiarism, copyright infringement,
whatever - I attended a web seminar a couple years ago - an attorney was
there talking about laws and such
* get some evidence to support that you are the originator of the goods
- anything - notes, old cache from google, whatever
* confrontation - this is sticky, but perhaps inform them of the crime
and suggest a wise solution
* if haven't already, inform your clients, ask if they want to do something
* identify any agency or process where you can report them - I don't
know that this is worth it, but perhaps find out who is hosting the site
and inform them.  report them to google, etc
*  if possible, implement whatever you can to protect yourself now and
future

yeah - i might be honored that someone copied my goods, but i'd be
pretty upset as well, particularly if it was impacting stats, bandwidth,
etc.  you have to decide if it's worth the effort to take action - and
what action