[thelist] JavaScript only for browsers? Bah! Humbug!

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:56:57 CDT 2006

Ok, I don't want to appear either blowing my own whistle or appear
overly enthusiastic about those who pay my wage, but I am very excited
about the new Yahoo Messenger allowing you to write plugin extensions
using CSS, HTML and JavaScript. If you downloaded the messenger you'll
see the Yahoo Answers plug-in on the bottom
(http://wait-till-i.com/pics/answersplug.gif). That was me (and I
didn't have enough time to add easter eggs :-( ) and it is pretty easy
to create your own aswell. This seems to be part of a trend, and more
and more apps allow for JS as a means of extending them. I collected
some here:

http://www.wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=292

Now, if you are interested in writing some extensions and you are a
good scripter, give me a shout, or if there is generally interest in
more detailed information beyond the scope of what is on the the
homepage (http://developer.yahoo.com/messenger/docs/html/index.html)
give me a shout.

Sorry about that, but it is fun!
Chris