[thelist] plagiarism and content

Ken Moore psm2713 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 16:41:16 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Chris is exactly right. "A copyright covers the expression of an idea, not
the idea itself." For example, if I like a program, I can get the source
code in Perl and re-write it in PHP or even Perl as long as I do not just
change the variables. It must be a different expression of the idea.

Or, I could get a list of definitions, hopefully 2 of the same terms, and
re-write them.

I faced a similar proglem relating to dozens of informative documents. My
solution was to write short descriptive text and link to the site itself.
Not frame in on my site, but to really link to it. This satisfies my needs.

Perhaps someday when I can afford it, I will have it re-written.

Do not steal the info. It is too easy to be found out.

Ken