[thelist] project management and collaboration software

Nan Harbison nanharbison at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 23 16:51:08 CDT 2006

Hello Evolters,

Before sending this email, I tried to search through the list archives, I am
sure this topic had been discussed before, but I only found a few brilliant
articles on project requirements and a project managament glossary, which I
will read. But whatI am looking for is software to do several parts of
project management for mostly software/web projects, I was going to build
this myself, but I think that would be reinventing the wheel.

The application needs to:
Be the central repository of all incoming projects
Let projects be assigned a priority
Date the project came in
Project progress
Who is on the project
Targeted finish date
Email people involved
Sort by date, people involved, customer involved, priority level, etc
And of course, we don’t want to spend a lot of money on it! Maybe $10 - $20
a month? I have no idea what this is going to cost us
Etc etc

I have found several websites that have this kind of software- ProjectDox,
eProject, WebEx, Vertabase. Are any of these really fabulous for reasonable
money, or does someone have a better suggestion?
TIA
Nan