[thelist] Specific Ecommerce Requirements

ontheroad at frii.com ontheroad at frii.com
Wed Jun 28 09:25:00 CDT 2006

Until I get the site completed there is no process beyond 'thank you and
I'll expect the check in the mail..."  If we were to go this route then
certainly she would need to obtain a merchant cc account.

To answer Jeroen's question regarding obscure system, I can't say.  I
took this on as a "get the experience, get a testimonial" project, have
bent over backwards to get the project completed within budget, however
I don't plan to spend 30 hours of my time developing for an obscure
gateway just so a client can save a few hundred dollars.  I own a
reasonable amount of learning curve, this is beyond reasonable.

To Jeroen,  yes I've looked at osCommerce and seen the long list of
gateways, same with digicart.  I'm a mid-level php/mysql developer - the
heart of the question is, will it generally take programming effort or
is it more a matter of finding the right documentation, locating the
examples as I think you suggest, to configure one of these other modules
with zen-cart?  I'm just trying to prepare myself for the type and
amount of effort.

To me paypal seems to be an easy alternative.  Be it paypal or
authorize.net, for a low volume business what would combined fees be,
perhaps 3 1/2 % max?

-Bob