[thelist] email list integration with mysql

ontheroad at frii.com ontheroad at frii.com
Sun Jul 2 12:13:47 CDT 2006

That's how it should work.  In my PHP script, using mail() works to send
email to me, to send a thank you to the user, etc, but sending to the
subscribe email alias goes to lala-land.

I set up a test list called test at louisvillebusinessleads.org.  Using
thunderbird or outlook, if I send an email to that list, it works.  It
generates a request to the moderator, the confirmation, etc works
flawlessly.

Using my php script, the following works perfectly to send a thank you
to the user for filling out the form:

$to = "ontheroad at frii.com";
$subject = "whatever";
$body = "more of whatever...";
$headers = "From: bobmeetin at frii.com";

mail ($to, $subject, $body, $headers);

If I change the $to to test-subscribe at louisvillebusinessleads.org, no
email is generated.  All I can figure is that the mail server is seeing
or not seeing something in the header, perhaps interpreting it as spam,
don't know.  I check php.net and found an example with additional
headers as http://us3.php.net/function.mail.  Adding the Reply to stuff
makes no difference.

This is a shared hosting server and of course I have no access to do any
troubleshooting of the mail server.  If I knew what to add in the mail()
to the header, then the problem would be solved.  BTW - I'm not familiar
with what you are saying regarding the 'subscribe' command.

Any ideas?

Thx, Bob